Updated: Jan 11
Registration is now open for the 2023 Bogus Creek 150, which is scheduled to begin at 3:00 PM on Saturday, January 14. At this time we expect to follow our usual route with the Bogus Creek checkpoint in the traditional location. Following the K300 trail, teams will race from Bethel to the Bogus Creek Checkpoint, take a mandatory 4 hour layover, then return to the finish in Bethel. The race is also the third event in the Delta Championship Series.
Bogus Creek 150 Details:
- Saturday, January 14
- 3:00 PM mass start near the mouth of small boat harbor in Bethel
- 10 dog limit (7 dog minimum)
- There will be no checkpoint in Tuluksak
- $60,000 purse paid to the top 15 finishers
- Registration required by midnight Wednesday, January 11.
- A pre-race meeting will be held Friday, January 13th at the Longhouse Hotel Conference Room at 5:30 PM*. Attendance is required for all mushers and at least one of their handlers.
*This is a change. The pre-race meeting was originally scheduled for Thursday 1/12.
Please review the 2023 Bogus Creek 150 Race Rules
Race Schedule for the remainder of season:
Our race season resumes this weekend with the 50 Mile Holiday Classic on Saturday, January 7th. We'll publish a full preview of that race on Friday. Here is the tentative schedule for the rest of the season:
January 7 - The Holiday Classic*
January 14 - The Bogus Creek 150*
January 27 - The Kuskokwim 300
January 28 - The Akiak Dash
February 18 - The February 50 Doubles Race*
February 25 - The 100 Mile Challenge*
March 11 - The Campout Race*
*Delta Championship Series events
Isaac Underwood, of Aniak, during the 2022 Bogus Creek 150. Photo by Katie Basile.