The K300 Challenge!!!
No long accepting entries.
We'll announce the winner as soon as possible after the finish!
You must be in the State of Alaska and you must be at least 18 years old to participate in the K300 Challenge
Submit your guesses for the following:
Winning musher’s elapsed time
Winning musher’s number of dogs that crossed the finishing line in harness
1.Entries will be available for purchase up until the official start of the race at 6:30 PM on February 12. Entries will be 10 dollars for 1 guess.
2. Entries will be available to be purchased exclusively online and paid for through PayPal immediately at the time of submission. The purchaser must be in Alaska and not within an area where charitable gaming is prohibited at the time of purchase. The state of Alaska issued Covid-19 Outbreak Health Order Number 7 on November 15th, 2020, which allows for the online selling of tickets for a raffle, lottery, derby, classic, or dog mushers' contest as defined by AS 05.15.690.
3. K300 Race Committee employees, board members and 2021 K300 racers are prohibited from participating in The K300 Challenge. Close relatives of racers will not be able to make a guess for the musher they are related to. Close relatives are considered to be a parent, spouse, child, sibling, sibling-in-law, or parent-in-law.
4. Minors under the age of 18 are not eligible to purchase entries or receive prizes.
5. The total of all entries purchased will be split. 50% of the pot goes to the winner(s) and 50% goes to the K300.
6. Once the winner of the 2021 K300 arrives in Bethel, the entries will be reviewed. Each entry will allow the purchaser to pick the winning musher, winning elapsed time, and number of dogs the winner finished with in harness. Determination of the winner starts by reviewing the winning musher entries. If multiple entries have chosen the same musher, then the winning elapsed times will be reviewed. The entry with the time closest to the winning elapsed time will win whether the guess is greater or less than the actual winning elapsed time. If there are still tied guesses, then the entries are reviewed for the guess of how many dogs the winner finished with. If after this review there are still multiple winners, then the prize will be split. Winner(s) will be announced as soon as possible after the race concludes.
7. All prizes are subject to applicable taxes and prizes over $5,000 are subject to tax withholding. Winners will be required to provide their tax identification number.
8. All questions regarding the Challenge should be emailed to
9. All guesses are final upon submission and cannot be amended in any way. Guesses made for mushers who withdraw before the race or scratch during the race will not be refunded.